Life here in Nicaragua is so much slower paced than in the states, which has helped me to focus more on my relationship with God. In this past year I have learned things about myself and about who my God really is. Growing up in a christian church I had heard various times that God loves us, what I did not realize was that his love is measureless and what that means in my life. There is no measure to God´s love, there is nothing I can do to make him love me more or less, his love is never changing. Once I realized this it was freeing, I wake up every morning knowing I am loved and through this non-judgmental love I learn to trust him more and more. All God wants from me is to love him because he first loved me, there is nothing more God wants then to restore his relationship with humans.
Something I have never liked was the fire and brimstone approach, which is why I never wanted to evangelize, but this is not what God intended. If God's focus is to restore our relationship with him shouldn't that show how important relationships are to God? The gift of his love is what should draw people to his side and that is how the great commission should be done and not on a soap box, but through relationships. After being here for a little over a year I can see that is why I am here, to build relationships. We can never know which relationships God will use therefore, we must invest in all of them and remember to always prioritize relationships over everything else in our lives.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Seth! I was going to leave a comment on your facebook, but then I realized I couldn't because I'm not friends with you. So I had to settle for a blog comment. :-) Hope you have a great day!
-Alan
Post a Comment