Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bromadero here we come

We has a wonderful time during our MCC retreat in the mountains of Nicaragua. We stayed at a Nicaraguan Young Life Camp, it was very pretty (we have put some pictures on our photo page). We had a business meeting the first day, and than the remaining two were a spiritual retreat. It was a great time to see what God has been doing in our lives and also what he has planned for our future. It was also a good time to get to know the rest of the MCC team and see what God has been doing in their lives. Though it may be hard to believe it was actually quite cool at the camp. During the nights, I imagine it got down in the upper 40s (pretty cold for here). It was very pleasant to be cool and escape the heat of Managua. The camp we stayed at was also a farm and it was very green and beautiful.
On Tuesday we will be leaving for 2 weeks to go to the area we will be working at. We will spend the time with Lydell, the MCC volunteer we will be replacing. We are very excited to see the projects he has been working on and the people he has gotten to know. During this time we will be looking for possible projects for us to work on as well as making contacts with the people in the towns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. It makes you seem much closer.
Today, Carson came and stayed. Mani, Berry, and I pulled Carson around on his blue sled. He loves the snow, Carson that is. We already know Mani does.
Carson loves teaing Mani and Berry when it is treat time. He holds it out for them and when they go for it, Carson runs as fast as he can giggling. He even puts it in his mouth and sucks on it.
We love you and are so excited for your "Great Adventure".

Nemo5 said...

Today we looked through all of your beautiful photos. Someone surely has an artist's eye.

Josie says, "I know that Seth took the picture of them together. Their pictures are really pretty and I'm glad that they went to Nicaragua."

Emma says, "I would really like to see it in person because it is really, really pretty."

Jake says, "It is really pretty."

Amy says, "Technology is a wonderful thing, we feel like we are a part of your trip when we read about it and see the photos. You must be using plenty of sunscreen, we didn't see any pink noses!"

Anonymous said...

I like looking at your pictures.