Saturday, November 3, 2007

We made it!

We arrived in Managua, Nicaragua safely. We will be staying with a host family while learning language. We are living with Josefina and several of her daughters. She is a very nice grandmother type and we have enjoyed starting to get to know her and her daughters. We will be spending the first month learning spanish at a school in Managua. We will than spend about 3 weeks near the area we will be serving with Lydell, the current MCC volunteer in the area. After Christmas we will come back to Managua to do another month of language training, and than off to the campo (the country).

1 comment:

Callie Hall said...

Hey Seth and Sarah!
I'm glad you're safely in Managua! I can't wait to come visit you in the campo- I hope the dirty dogs of the city haven't attacked you yet. Anyway, you both are in my prayers during this time of transition and (often) frustrating language study! I miss being able to turn my brain off, and I miss cracking jokes that people actually understand!
peace in Christ,
Callie